A vital service that OnSide provides a youth zone with is facilities development. This means ensuring that from conception, to build and opening of a youth zone, a level of quality is adhered to at all times.
Key to this quality standard is to:
- Support the local partners to identify an appropriate site within a town or city centre for development of the facility
- Help negotiate terms for the availability of the site for the intended development
- Assist with appointment of a team of highly competent and experienced professionals for the design and development of the facility
- Liaise (through OnSide’s Local Engagement process) with the key local partners, stakeholders and young people to ensure that the design of the facility meets local needs and preferences, funding criteria and government strategy
- Support the professional team to develop a viable capital delivery plan
- Assist the local partners and professional team to design an appropriate procurement process to support the delivery of a world-class facility built and fitted-out to the highest standards and delivered on time